Everyone's in a hurry today...

Well, here we go, an update to my blogsite after a very long time... The reason for such a long break? Lack of time, of course. Well, I can very easily put the blame on my busy schedule for not being able to update my blog as often as I could, but the reality, I feel, is not really that.

Everyday, tens of thousands of thoughts pass through the minds of every human being. And I believe, most such thoughts are very special indeed. Many a times, it is very important to catch hold of these thoughts and dissect them further by analyzing them. But unfortunately, we always try to put the blame on lack of quality time to appreciate some of the very important things in life, and move on hurriedly by leading an industrious life.

Dr. DVG had made this observation long ago, and writes in his "Marula Muniyana Kagga":

ಪ್ರೀತಿಸಲು ಬಿಡುವಿಲ್ಲ ನೀತಿಕಥೆ ಬೇಕಿಲ್ಲ |
ಮಾತಂಗಡಿಯ ಕೊಳ್ಗು ಕೊಡುಬಿಡುಗಳಂತೆ ||
ಯಾತ ನಿರ್ಯಾತಂಗಳೇ ದೊಡ್ಡ ಬದುಕಂತೆ |
ಆತುರವೊ ಜನಕಿಂದು - ಮರುಳಮುನಿಯ || ೨೯೩ ||

There is no time to love, no need for morals |
Conversations have been reduced to mere bargaining ||
Coming and going have become the manner of living |
Everyone's in a hurry today - MaruLa Muniya ||

Dr. DVG observes the state of today's mankind, and puts down his thoughts in words impeccably here. Of course, it's another story that for those of us who live and work in Bangalore, coming and going ( to and from home and work, which takes a lot of time ) has indeed become the manner of living...

Comments

vijay said…
"Hullagu bettathadi"
"manege mallige yagu"
"kallgu Kashtagala male vidhi suriye"
"bella sakkareyagu deena durbalarange"
"ellarolagondagu mankuthimma"

Sorry for writing kannada in english letters as I had no ther option, but my feel of comment remails at same place.